Apr 22 2013
Update: Fixed issues when dumping blobs on an iPhone3,2 (thanks to @airship17 for helping me debug!)
iFaith can save SHSH blobs for any old iOS firmware currently installed on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You can download iFaith SHSH blobs dumping tool for Windows from below.iFaith support iOS 3.x.x to 6.1.3.
- 1.5.8: Fixed issues when dumping blobs on an iPhone3,2 (thanks to @airship17 for helping me debug!)
- 1.5.7: Added ability to submit locally saved blobs (from other apps such as TinyUmbrella, iSHSHit, redsn0w) directly to Cydia [Simply click the "Show available SHSH blobs on Server" button and connect a device].
- 1.5.6: After Cydia’s mishap with aptickets from 6.0 –> 6.1.2 (causing soft-dfu loops), iFaith now includes an apticket validation. You can utilize the check by browsing for blobs when building a signed IPSW or by downloading existing blobs from Cydia’s/iFaith’s SHSH server under iFaith’s “Show available SHSH blobs on server” button.
- 1.5.5: Finally fixed iPhone3,2 limera1n issues.
- 1.5.4: Fixed restore errors for devices equipped with a baseband.
- 1.5.3: Now dumps 3GS/A4 devices running iOS 6.1.2.
- 1.5.3: Fixed Windows XP USB issues.
- 1.5.3: Fixed annoying bug when downloading blobs from server(s).
- 1.5.3: More bug fixes
- 1.5.3: Minor UI improvements.
- 1.5.3: More iPhone 4-Rev2 fixes (Still needs more feedback).
- 1.5.2: Fixed bug with 3.x.x/4.x.x dumps.
- 1.5.1: Fixed a bug where iFaith did not submit the latest SHSH blobs Apple is actively signing to Cydia’s server when *dumping*
- 1.5: Major code improvements.
- 1.5: Added Check for Update code.
- 1.5: Adds the ability to dump iOS 5.1.x/6.0.x/6.1 on the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3, and A4 devices.
- 1.5: Crazy payload rewrite. (There are a chain of payloads used in this new iFaith purely dedicated to bumping up performance. iFaith should dump instantly after payload executes!).
- 1.5: Finally enabled 3.x.x IPSW creation for iPod touch 2G users.
- 1.5: Finally fully fixes NAND issues with newer models (e.g iPhone 4 8GB, new iPod Touch 4 models).
What is new?:
- Major code improvements.
- Added Check for Update code.
- Adds the ability to dump iOS 5.1.x/6.0.x/6.1 on the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3, and A4 devices.
- Crazy payload rewrite. (There are a chain of payloads used in this new iFaith purely dedicated to bumping up performance. iFaith should dump instantly after payload executes!).
- Finally enabled 3.x.x IPSW creation for iPod touch 2G users.
- Finally fully fixes NAND issues with newer models (e.g iPhone 4 8GB, new iPod Touch 4 models).
- In addition to dumping your SHSH blobs, iFaith will automatically fetch SHSH blobs for the latest iOS Apple is actively signing and submits them to Cydia.
- All devices [including A5(X)/A6(X)] can grab SHSH blobs for the latest iOS firmwares Apple is actively signing simply by selecting the “Show available SHSH blobs on Server” button and following the on-screen prompts. (It will submit them to Cydia as well).
Even though you may not be able to utilize the SHSH blobs you save for A5(X)/A6(X) devices at this time, you may be able to in the future (Future loopholes/exploits)!
I’m working with @Djayb6 on getting iFaith fully ported to Mac OS. I can’t provide an ETA as to when it will be available, but keep an eye out for it!
Devices equipped with the A5(X)/A6(X) processor do not currently have any known low level iBoot or DFU exploits to jump start the iFaith payload to initialize the dump and restore. Therefore, support to dump blobs for devices running these processors are not possible at this moment in time. (You can still fetch the latest blobs directly from apple though by clicking the “Show Available SHSH blobs on Server” button.
As far as downgrading on A5(X)/A6(X) devices goes… There currently is no publicly known loophole to kick-start a downgrade. So at the moment there is NO public way of downgrading an A5(X)/A6(X) device. For A5(X) devices still running 5.x.x, redsn0w can recycle the first apticket loophole and
*re-restore* your device as long as you have the essential SHSH blobs.
Windows 8 Users:
- You will need to follow this tutorial to get iFaith to run.
Download iFaith 1.5.9 :
- Download iFaith v1.5.9 for Windows