With the recent release of the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for A4 devices, Seas0nPass has been updated to provide an untethered jailbreak for the current iOS 4.4.4 Apple TV firmware. This release of the tool includes the untethered exploit provided by pod2g that we have recently seen implemented into the Redsn0w software. To successfully jailbreak an Apple TV using the Seas0nPass tool you will need the following:
- An Apple TV (second generation).
- A micro USB cable.
- A working computer
- Intel based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or above, or
- PC with Microsoft XP or later.
- The latest version of iTunes (free download from Apple).
If you are a seasoned Apple TV user looking to update from a previous firmware version, but are wondering what features and improvements have been made in the 4.4 release then wonder no more. The full list of changes can be found below:
- AirPlay Mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream – view photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your photo stream in iCloud.
- Trailers – A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest movie trailers (region specific).
- National Hockey League – watch live games. View highlights, scores and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live – watch up to date news, business commentary and financial analysis.
1-Download version 4.4.4 (9A406a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
2-Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
3- Open Seas0nPass then Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
4- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.