update to v2.9.6 to support Apple TV 5.0.2
iH8Sn0w has released a new version of Sn0wBreeze v2.9.6 to jailbreak untethered iOS 5.1.1 . Sn0wbreeze preserve iPhone baseband so you can steel Unlock your iPhone easy.
What is New?
- Added the 5.1.1/5.0.2/9B206/9B208 untether jailbreak that was released with today’s absinthe update.
- Added 5.0/9B206f (Apple TV 2) support.
- Minor UI changes (thanks @icj_!).
- Bug Fixes.
iPhone 4 (GSM) & Apple’s 5.1.1/9B208 Update:
This evening, Apple appears to have (surprisingly) released 5.1.1/9B208 for the iPhone 4 (GSM) exclusively. Although there isn’t much of a difference it was enough to make the 9B206 untether payload for the iPhone 4 (GSM) invalidate on 9B208. Until pod2g/planetbeing build an untether payload for this build, 9B208 support is not included. A small update will be pushed whenever this occurs. This doesn’t mean the untether was patched though.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public. Therefore, A5(X) users will have to rely on using the lovely absinthe.
A5(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices (iPhone 4s , iPad 2 ) are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Supported iOS Revisions:
- Supports iOS 3.1.3
- Supports iOS 3.2.x
- Supports iOS 4.0.x
- Supports iOS 4.1
- Supports iOS 4.2.1 – 4.2.8
- Supports iOS 4.3 – 4.3.3
- Supports iOS 5.0.1 , 5.0.2
- Supports iOS 5.1.1