A new SIM Interposer from the ‘ChinaSnow’ development team claims to be able to provide a hardware-based unlock for the iPhone 4S for 1.0.11, 1.01.13 and 1.0.14 basebands. The new hardware has been given the name ‘TPSIM Unlock’ and is a solution which is extremely similar to the Gevey SIM .
The video below shows the TPSIM Unlock solution in action from which you can draw your own conclusions about whether or not this report is the real deal or just another development team offering the news that people want to hear in an attempt to make a quick buck. The team have also released the following ‘feature’ list of the their new tool:
- No requirement for a jailbreak, insert and go!
- *No need to dial 112 (after the first time initialization)
- Supports 3G, EDGE, MMS, Facetime
- Supports iPhone 4S baseband 1.0.11, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14.
- Supports iPhone 4 baseband 1.59.00, 2.10.04, 3.10.01, 4.10.01 but NOT 4.11.08
- No hardware alteration or modification required – will not affect your warranty
- Robust and sturdy steel custom SIM tray
- Unlock works on all world networks.
- Uses high performance original F981 chip for ultra-low voltage operation