- Download the latest Redsn0w 0.9.12b1.
- Download original IPSW for iOS 5.1.1
- Backed Up Sam Unlock Activation tickets ( Cookie or Redsn0w ). [Tutorial]
iOS 5.1.1 Preserving baseband guide :
- Step 1: After downloading redsn0w, start it.
- Step 2: Go to Extras > Custom IPSW.
- Step 3: Choose the original IPSW 5.1.1
- Step 4: Now the custom IPSW file will be created by redsn0w, the one that has preserved the baseband meaning one will still be on the previous version (baseband).
- Step 5: Go to Extras > Pwned DFU to enter Pwned DFU mode. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 6: Once there, go to iTunes and press Shift+Restore (Windows) or Option+Restore (Mac).You need to choose the correct IPSW file. It will have a prefix “No_BB”.
Also can download custom firmwares from below links :
Now you’ll have a custom IPSW on iOS 5.1.1 with a preserved baseband.
Unlock iPhone using SAM 5.1.1 activation ticket backup :
We have heard reports that some SAM 5.1.1 users are stuck again with locked iPhones, but we have tested the guide and we can confirm its works on iOS 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak.
Step 1 : Jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 with latest Redsn0w
Note : mark “Install Cydia” & “Deactivate“ and click “Next” when asked, you’ll see some console gibberish appear on the screen and when finished you’ll be back at the iOS home screen
Step 3 : Paste the backup activation ticket to this path: /var/root/Library/Lockdown.
Step 4 : Reboot your device.
Step 5 : and then wait for the Carrier Signals to Appears.
CONGRATS! You have unlocked your iPhone using SAM backup on 5.1.1 firmware. Enjoy!